One day after work, I drop by the nearest shopping mall and went straight to the baby/kids section. I have read a short article that at 4 to 5 months old, the baby is practicing their hand and eye coordination.
Hand and eye coordination? What it means?
Consider yourself taking a bottle of water from a table. It is easy as subconsciously:
- You know where is the bottle
- You know you can reach the bottle
- You know the edge of the bottle and when to grab the bottle
Hence, it is very important for baby to learn this fast and teether is one of the tool. Besides, a teether is a soothing tool for teething infants.
What is the best teether for your baby?
It is rather subjective and it depends if you can get it. Personally, I wanted to buy the Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether but since it didn’t ship to Malaysia, I have decided to get something that serve the same purpose and I bought this:
It costs around $11 from Amazon which is about Malaysia Ringgit (MYR) 30. But I am rather lucky that I bought it at RM17 since they offer discounts for baby product.
Teether tips for the first time dad
- Always get a new teether
- Wash the teether. Sterile it to make sure it is always clean.
- Teach your baby to hold the teether firmly. This will take some time if your baby is not familiar with it.
- The bright colour really helps. Hence, I think Pigeon Training Teether is best.
- Know when to stop. You know if your baby is bored with it.
I hope the above tips would help you as the first time dad. And personally, I am so happy to see that my baby is able to sit down and hold herself while sitting. Again, it is the hand and eye coordination besides balance. Happy teethering!